Speech Language Pathology
Our speech language pathologists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing, and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing